The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fireplace Swap

Friday - Aug 17 - Biking 36 km

Rode to work. It was very cold and rainy on the way home. Was wishing that I had brought a sweater.

Saturday - Aug 18 - Biking 105 km

Rode out to Burrits Rapids, then looped up Dwyer Hill Road to Munster and finished in Richmond at Peter and Katie's. Was a beautiful morning, a little cool when starting but gradually warming up as I went. Stopped for lunch in Marlborough forest. Arrived at Peter's at about 13:00, had a brief rest and then we loaded up his fireplace and my bike into his truck. Drove it over to my house and then unloaded into my garage. Then loaded my fireplace into the truck. We both now have fireplaces we like.

Sunday - Aug 19 - Biking 75 km, Hiking 2 km

Rode the Gatineau Parkway loop clockwise to take advantage of the Sunday road closure and the nice weather. I arrived up on the lookout to a deserted area. I guess 9:00 is too early for most people. Road down to Bank street to meet Sharon, and then went for a short hike up around King Mountain with a group of people.

Weeks Total: Biking 410 km, Hiking 2 km
Year to Date: Biking 6324 km, Hiking 48 km, Paddling 88 km, Skating 129 km, Skiing 187 km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home