The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Endless Skating

Thursday - Mar 8 - Biking 8 km, Skating 16 km

Biked down to the canal and skated the entire thing. -15 temperature kept things chill. Bumped into Karina and Jason who were just leaving the canal as I arrived. My goal was to skate the canal in under an hour. I made it in 59 minutes and 51 seconds!

Friday - Mar 9 - Biking 9 km, Skating 15 km

Biked down to the canal with Rob after supper. We left Dows Lake at 20:30 with plans to meet Sharon downtown at 20:45. We were about 5 minutes late, but Sharon was later. We walked back to her place to get her skates and then walked back to the Canal, but decided to go for a couple beers at the Elephant and Castle before skating again. About midnight we hit the ice again which had just been flooded. Rob headed home while Sharon and I skated until the ice got too slushy as we approached the flooding crews. I walked Sharon home and then walked back to the Canal to skate back to Dows lake (flooding now frozen really nice and smooth), back to my bike, and ride back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home