The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Freezing Skating

Tuesday - Mar 06 - Biking 8 km, Skating 13 km

It was -20 out so I decided I had better go skating to get some excercise. There were probably about six other people on the canal. Dows lake was terrible. Very rough ice. Then it got better as you headed towards downtown. I skipped the Carleton leg of the trip because there were lots of tractors and trucks working on clearing this section. As I came back passing the Canal Ritz restaurant I gave patrons a display as I caught a skate in a crack, landed on my right knee painfully, and then slid on my stomach for about 10 or 15 meters before coming to a stop. Took me a minute to get up because of the shooting pain in the knee, but it appeared to be just a bruise. At home I applied ice because it was swelling substantially, but fortunately had subsided into just a nasty bruise by the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home