The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Company Skate Night

Thursday - Mar 1 - Biking 8 km, Skating 15 km

Due to a recent sale into Canada at work we decided to do something Canadian to celebrate. Why not eat some beaver tails? After a quick search we discovered that beaver tails cannot be had for take-out very easily so I suggested we all just go down to the Rideau Canal and eat them at the source. I biked down to Dows lake and met Al, who skated with me to the planned beaver tail consumption area at 5th Avenue. Here we met up with Neil and his family, and Mike. This totalled the turn out of our company. Oh well, at least 25% showed up. We then considered eating a tail or two, but the thought of greasy dough with sugar on it didn't appeal to many. So we decided to drink beer instead. We skated down to Pretoria bridge to the Royal Oak. Mike and I decided to complete the canal so booted it down to the end and then back first. Mike had speed skates so I had to hustle to keep up. After a couple beers, Al and I skated back to Dows lake and I biked home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home