The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Metric Century

Friday - Jul 27 - Biking 46 km

Rode to work... another nice sunny day. Rode home, then rode down to house 1 to install a smoke detector on the second floor. Locked it up for the final time. Rode down to Ilona's for a BBQ, some swimming, and some beer drinking with her and Amber. Rode home relatively early.

Saturday - Jul 28 - Biking 115 km

Rode out Cedarview road all the way to Century, through North Gower than out towards Burrits Rapids. Looped around via Malakoff. Was a light drizzle when I started, but the rain got steadily harder as I rode. It was very warm however, so I did not bother with rain gear. I stopped for a snack under some shelter at a church along Century road. Stopped for lunch along Malakoff, and donned my rain gear to escape the Mosquitos. Ate quickly in the rain and then continued. Rode through Richmond and paid a quick visit to Katie and her new baby Justin. The rain stopped while I was here, so I began to dry out as I rode home. Later in the evening I rode down to Irene's pub to see some bands.

Sunday - Jul 29 - Biking 46 km

Rode down to Westboro to get groceries. Rode later out to Canadian tire to look at ladders, then to the India food mart to pick up samosas, then to Home Hardware to get some keys cut. Rode out to my Aunt Hilda's place for a family reunion BBQ, and then home later in the evening.

Weeks Total: Biking 327 km
Year to Date: Biking 5188 km, Hiking 46 km, Paddling 88 km, Skating 129 km, Skiing 187 km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home