The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Moving

Friday - Jul 20 - Biking 39 km

Rode to work in an absolute downpour. Would probably not have ridden if not for; one, I need the mileage, and two, I needed to run some errands on the way home, and the bus is not too suitable when you need to make various stops. Very few others were riding. I encountered another cyclist at a downed tree over the Watt's creek pathway. Together we shoved it over to clear the road. Thankfully it had stopped raining for the ride home. Stopped at house 2 to pick up a screwdriver bit for my drill driver so I could disassemble my bed. Stopped at the India food mart and Loeb to pick up food to feed the crew for the move tomorrow.

Saturday - Jul 21 - Biking 11 km

Got up early and rode down to John's restaurant for a quick breakfast as all my dishes and cookware were packed in boxes. Rode to house 2, then to Tim Horton's to pick up donuts for the move crew. Rode back to house 2, then walked down to Discount to pick up the moving truck. The rest of the day was spent moving.

Sunday - Jul 22 - Biking 90 km

Got up early to return the truck, then decided, despite being really tired from yesterday, I would go for a long ride. Rode the Specialized around the Gatineau parkway loop in a beautiful sunny day with no wind. Continued through Hull and rode across the Alexandria bridge. I took the bike lane which was a big mistake as this has deteriated to the point of being unridable. Unfortunately, once you commit, there is no way back onto the road until you finish the crossing so I endured the teeth and bone chattering ride until mercifully I reached the other side. Rode out on the Rockcliffe parkway, expecting it to be closed to motor vehicles for Sunday, but unfortunately was not, with traffic being somewhat heavy. At the aviation museum, the parkway was closed to all traffic due to construction, and a sign indicated that Sunday Bikedays are cancelled until mid-August... nice to inform you of the fact at the end. Anyway, was getting tired here so I had a quick granola bar break and watched the planes take off, and then road home... home now being house 2.

Weeks Total: Biking 312 km
Year to Date: Biking 4861 km, Hiking 46 km, Paddling 88 km, Skating 129 km, Skiing 187 km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home