The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bikin and Truckin

Friday - Jan 12 - Biking 3 km

Rode with Emily to meet Rob and Amber for Viatnamese supper. Karina and Jason also were there. Rob and I went for a couple pints at the Wood on Wellington. We were not too impressed with this pub.

Saturday - Jan 13 - Biking 27 km

Rode out to Bells Corners to pick up a rental truck for some wood fetching and furniture moving. I rented from Discount so went to the location that I normally do. There was a truck rental place there but it was not called Discount. There was a sign in the door that said "New Name, Same Great Service". I think to myself, Ok, they have changed their name. After waiting in line, I get to the counter and the agent cannot find my reservation. Then I figure out that Discount has actually moved to the other side of Bells Corners. I bike off there and pick up the truck with no further issues. Drive out to the new lumber place in Ottawa, KJP Hardwoods just off Merivale road. This is fun as much of the wood is sold by the pound. The guy who runs the place, Bernie Behne, is really nice, and since I am the only one there I get one on one service. I spend a bunch of money on a big pile of wood and several sheets of plywood, but figure since I have the truck I might as well stock up.



Then drive home and move one of our old couches to Dipna's art studio. I also buy some 12 kg of grain for beer brewing from Defalco's next door. Then we pick up Emily's chair and cart that home. I drive the truck back and realize that I have left the grain in the back. I barely manage to stuff it all in my paniers. Then I biked home with the heavy load on the back.

Sunday - Jan 14 - Biking 2 km

Rode to the India Food Center to pick up samosas for lunch while brewing beer made from the grain purchased yesterday.

Weeks total: Biking 124
Year to date: Biking 250 Hiking 10

1 Comments:

At 10:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!?! Did you ever wonder what having a life must feel like?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home