The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Years Hangover and Back to Work

Ok, I am going to try something different (blog wise). No idea how long this will last, but giving it a shot anyway. Once again, I am going to attempt a bike ride to the East coast. I am doing this just to prove to myself that I am not getting old. So far my right knee and my right thumb are not working to their full capacity, even though I am only 31 years old.

Anyway, I am planning to ride out sometime in September. This should give me a long time to train for this and build up the strength in my knee. I think I can live with the thumb issue, and since it was only injured about a month ago, it hopefully will heal up by then. I will try to keep a record of my training here.

Monday - Jan 1 - Biking 6 km

Got up with a crazy hangover thanks to red-bull and vodka shots during the New Year celebration (very bad combination). Got on my bike and rode to Ilona's for a yummy brunch. Then rode home and tried unsuccessfully to sleep for the rest of the afternoon.

Tuesday - Jan 2 - Biking 47 km

Rode to work into a brutal head wind. It took me over an hour to get there. Fortunately it was a nice warm day hovering around -3 all day. Left work into yet another head wind, however much calmer, and rode to Genji restaurant to meet my brother Dan and his partner Shelley for supper just before they boarded a bus for a 48 hour ride back home to Drunkcity Saskatchewan. Then rode home from the restaurant, finally getting a slight tail wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home