The Blue Camembert

Cheese!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Big Beer

Last weekend Rob and I tested out our new 10 imperial gallon brewery setup. I now have 3 carboys bubbling happily away in my kitchen filled with a tasty coffee stout. A couple of bugs to work out of our process:

  • We need to get a bigger spoon to stir the mash.
  • We have two lauter tuns that we use to lauter and sparge in parallel. The manifold in the bottom of one decided to separate when we poured the mash in. Our lauter took forever. I think we just need to be more careful during the pour.
Other than those points, and my terrible chess playing skills, the day was a success. Should be ready for drinking in a couple months, so come on by for a sample or three.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say coffee stout? Stout anything sounds great. Let me know when it ready and I'll 'sample' it. I will probably have to sample a lot, jut to make sure it is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home